Since 1985, Haley Ward has provided clients with sensible environmental compliance solutions. Our staff of Scientists, Professionals, Engineers, and Technicians are experienced with environmental regulations and understand the importance of protecting human health and our natural resources. Comprehensive environmental programs protect our clients against potential environmental liability and provide compliance with evolving rules and regulations. Haley Ward has worked to build positive relationships with State and Federal regulators that facilitates communication and leads to improved outcomes for our clients. Our clients include businesses, schools, hospitals, municipalities, solid waste facilities, manufacturing facilities, industrial facilities, processing facilities, land application sites, and various remediation and clean-up sites.
Haley Ward services include the following compliance areas:
Air emissions estimates, permitting, and reporting can be critical aspects of any facility’s environmental compliance program. Startup of a new facility or equipment, modification to an existing site, or changes to regulatory programs can trigger new or additional compliance requirements. Haley Ward provides the experience and knowledge base to help our clients navigate compliance with applicable State and Federal Regulations.
In support of facility licensing efforts Haley Ward provides the following services to our clients:
- Determining a Facility’s Potential to Emit
- Minor or Major Source License Applications
- Best Achievable Control Technology (BACT) Analysis
- Air Dispersion Modeling and Impact Analysis
Following issuance of an Air License, Haley Ward assists our clients with their understanding of their ongoing compliance obligations and provides necessary support ranging from managing Title V compliance programs to simple monthly calculations.
Examples of these compliance tasks include:
- Monthly Emissions Calculations
- Annual Maine Air Emissions Inventory Reporting System (MAIRIS) Reporting
- Gas Audit Reporting
- Title V Annual/Semiannual Compliance Certification
- National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) Evaluation
- Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT) Evaluations
Haley Ward’s trained and qualified field staff has extensive experience in conducting groundwater, surface water, pore water, residential, and gas monitoring. Our experience includes all aspects of these programs to ensure compliance with State and Federal standards and guidelines. Haley Ward utilizes up=to-date sampling equipment technology to handle any sampling request. We have experience developing and implementing Environmental Monitoring Plans (EMP), Sampling Analysis Plans (SAP), and Quality Assurance Project Plans (QAPP) to make sure the requirements of your monitoring program are being met.
Our projects typically involve coordination with clients to determine their needs, coordination with laboratories, sampling in accordance with proper protocols, assessment of laboratory reports, and reporting of the lab results and field observations to clients and regulators. Typical environmental services provided include:
- Groundwater and Surface Water Monitoring & Data Management
- Residential Well Monitoring
- Landfill Gas Monitoring
- Landfill Flare Gas Monitoring
- Leak Detection System Monitoring
- Porewater Device Installations and Monitoring
- Storm Water Monitoring
- Wastewater Effluent and Spray Irrigation Site Monitoring
- Special Waste Sampling (Ash, Soil, etc)
- Soil Sampling
Petroleum, Hazardous Materials and Hazardous Waste Management
Haley Ward works with a broad cross section of clients to implement petroleum, hazardous materials, and hazardous waste management programs. These compliance programs are designed to meet the applicable requirements of the Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and the Maine Department of Environmental Protection’s Hazardous Materials, Hazardous Waste, and Universal Waste rules.
Hazardous Materials and Hazardous Waste Management
- Waste Characterization
- License Applications for Treatment and Storage
- Biennial Hazardous Waste Reporting
- Manifesting of Hazardous Waste
- Hazardous Waste Generator Closure
- Preparation of Hazardous Waste Contingency Plans
- State of Maine Spill Prevention Control and Clean-up Plans for Hazardous Materials
- Training on Handling and Storage